AcrossLimits has been involved in European Union (EU) funding for over 20 years, beginning with projects we participated in under the Fifth RTD Framework Programme 1998-2002. We have now been involved in over 70 successful EU projects and have acquired years of experience as service providers and advisors/consultants to many European institutions and entities, contributing to initiatives ranging from the local/regional level, through national, European and even cross-border levels.
Our work with the European Commission goes far back with our assistance being provided to various associated Directorates-General (DG) and EU Agencies, providing support in the following areas:
- DG Research and Innovation – capacity building for science, research and technological development
- DG for Education and Culture – youth, social and cultural issues
- DG for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs – entrepreneurship, competitiveness and innovation
- DG for Communications Networks, Content and Technology – information and communication technologies
- Directorate-General for Structural Reform Support – funding support for growth of Maltese SMEs and NGOs
- Executive Agency for Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) – evaluators and jury members for aiding SMEs in terms of innovation, environmental issues and climate change, and to make Europe more competitive and sustainable
- Science and Technology Options Assessment Panel – internationally recognised body providing assessments to scientific and technological developments
- European Institute for Technology (EIT) – provides training courses, business services and projects to research institutes and innovative companies
- European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) – promotion of gender equality within Europe
- CEN/CENELEC standardisation bodies – provision of expertise to technical working groups related to ICT
We maintain strong ties to these institutions amongst many others, and our team of experts is experienced in operating within EU agencies, even serving as advisory board members, jury members and evaluators to different European entities and programmes like Horizon Europe and EIC. Hence our expertise in the proposal writing and submission process is not only informed by over 70 successful projects submitted by AcrossLimits, but by internal experience in the evaluation framework.
Our history in consultancy involves agreements with a number of independent clients to help them fulfill the requirements of large, European projects, such as working with EGI Advanced Computing Services for Research on the H-CLOUD project in order to promote cloud-based services amongst European businesses. Furthermore, our expertise has been applied across various sectors, such as a Digital Transformation Advice contract with AX Holdings in connection with hospitality, healthcare, and development industries. Through an EU funding support contract, we assisted Finnish company KWS Timber Tech in presenting a proposal to the Horizon Europe programme, and we are currently supporting UMNAI, an innovative, Maltese company in AI technology, in their search for EU funds and opportunities. Other clients include IRB Barcelona, CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd., KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and Technopolis Consulting Group, ORT France and Go Beyond Malta.
Our experience in EU projects ranges across the following thematic areas: